? ??????????????Bombs Keep Coming? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??21 Grabs Today. 1678 Total Grab
s. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love Fasion? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (74 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 13934 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Michael Jordan? ????? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, December 11, 2009

Rice Krispee Houses

The older the kids get, the more fun everything gets. Every year I pass the gagillion packs of Gingerbread houses lining the isles in every grocery store I enter in to....every year I sit and look and ponder whether or not I want to dive into that big of a project, cause its not as happy and clean as the little happy kids look on the cover. Its a huge undertaking! It literally takes over the entire kitchen....crumbs, icing, stickiness, candy galore....so every year I just keep walking. This year, however, I saw on TV kids making a Rice Krispee house. And I stopped and thought, now this I can do! So we did it. I loved it. Being one who really doesn't enjoy cooking with her kids....this was fun. I let everything go and dove in. I had NO idea what I was doing. My Mother-in-law is here and she is like, sooooo, whats your plan? and I was like, I have NO idea.....and we're all just sitting there looking at this huge blob of rice krispee and marshmellow....so I grab a ball off and start molding and my Mother in law, literally thinks i'm crazy...and she says again, "so, is that your roof?" and I;m like, "Roof?....ooooh, sure, yah, its the roof, uh-huh...." ...I hadn't even thought of a roof. The kids are going crazy wanting to dive in and i'm trying to keep them from eating up the entire house before we even start. So, we dove in and totally flew by the seat of our pants the entire time (I was peeking over at Caleb and my Mother in laws house the entire time copying there ideas, but shhhhh, don't tell them). This is what we ended up with. They turned out so cute!! We had so much fun! Priceless memories with thier Grandma :)
Skylar and My house:Caleb and Grandma's house:

4 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Rebecca what a genius idea! Seriously! Everything stays together, and it's MUCH more kid friendly... You're brilliant! Love the pics... especially of Caleb and G-ma... His expression is priceless. Love it. You guys are awesome.

Anna said...

That is a great idea! Can you remind me of that in a couple of years? :)

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Such a great idea and SO much yummier than gingerbread:)

Leah said...

I never thought of that. Hmmm, might have to give it a whirl. They came out great!