Last Thursday was my birthday. Great birthday. Possibly the greatest birthday yet (that I can remember). Sean did amazing this year. He got my mom to babysit ALL three kids OVERNIGHT and wisked me off to a hotel for the afternoon and night. So great (did i mention that?). We went to the new Gaia Hotel out in Anderson. #1-didn't feel like we were in Anderson #2- awesome hotel. I felt like I had been at a spa. Its an all organic, natural, eco-friendly hotel. So Sean packed us dinner and games and we sat out on the patio for hours and ate, and played games.....soooo nice. A whole night away not yelling, being hung on, changing diapers, getting dinner, cleaning messes......the angels were singing.
I am not even to the best part of my birthday.....we have been looking for houses for MONTHS. Since January. We've put in 5 offers to different houses. Nothing. We've been patient. We've prayed. We've waited. Prayed some more. Given up. Started looking again.....went and looked at a house last Tuesday. Thought/prayed about it for a day. Put in an offer on Wed. Found out Wed. the bank counter-offered. We accepted. Thursday I get a house for my freeakin birthday!!! Sooo excited!!! How do you top that.
We are totally stoked. I'll blog about it next.
So then Friday night Erica gathered up a bunch of girls and we all went out to Guadalajara for my birthday. So fun. Did I mention that this was the best birthday.....great couple of days. So much fun. Thank you so much Sean, and God (for our house) and Erica :0)



Monday, August 25, 2008
Happy Birthday to me!
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy belated Rebecca! What an awesome husband - so thoughtful. :)
Wow congrats on the house. Super exciting. And happy birthday!
Post a Comment