18th of October.
Redding Fire Works..best year in the 23 years I have gone (one year we were in Boston, and 2 years I was in Sac). Crazy though, they really are amazing fireworks. They go on for like half and hour, all synched to the music....the fireworks going off at just the right beats. When the song is slow or quieter, the fireworks are slow and less intense and as the song revs up so do the fireworks.....I've always wondered how in the world they time it all just right. Practice? Do they have a dry run through when Redding is sleeping with the extra millions we have sitting around? Is it the same guys back there shooting the guns that were doing it 30 years ago? Do they have training for these types of things? Firework classes? hmmm...
anyway, outside of the great display, I don't think I've ever laughed so much. There was this lady sitting next to Dan....halarious. She literally "Praised Jesus" and "God Bless America" and had a whole dialogue going non-stop the entire time......we were dying. She was way into it.
And then there was the whole absolute -LOVING -through -my- kids thing. They are both at such a perfect age to watch them, they were in total awe the whole time. It was so awesome. I love my family, I love the lady that sat next to Dan, I love all the awesome people who came and hung out, I love seeing us be family together, I love that it was actually cold and we were able to all bundle up, I loved drinking a hot cup of coffee......I did NOT love the screaming goth band that got up there and scared all the kids.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Yep, October Fireworks....wierd....
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment