Skylar comes up to me the other day and says, "Mom! Guess what?!! " and I respond accordingly, "What honey?" Sky- "I AM GOING ON A DATE WITH DAD!! NO you NO Caleb and NO Ryder. JUST me and dad! A SPECIAL date". I was so stunned by the sweetness of her excitement, the thoughfulness and sweetness of my husband who is romancing our daughter. How sweet though. The look on her face was sooo stinkin sweet, she IS being pursued, and she FEELS it. She knows she is LOVED and she thrives in that. Sean is the best dad. Our Daughter is so blessed to see what a Man of God lookes like who loves his family and treasures his Daughter. I couldn't be happier.So last night they went on thier "Date". Skylar got all dressed up in a beautiful dress and a big white bow. Sean got dressed up (way hot). And he knocked on the door and gave her a flower. He opened the truck door for her and away they went. Toy Store, Red Robin, Movie......she was glowing when they got home......she will remember this forever, thank you Babe for being that Dad to take the time to romance our daughter. We are so blessed by you.


3 comments:
Wow, I teared up on that one. Way to go, Sean! Keep those tips handy for when Josh gets his daughter one day...
How lucky Skylar is to have a father to show her such love and kindness. I pray that Bailee will know that kind of love. You have a great husband, I am so happy for you!
That's such a great blog! How cute. :) I can't wait until our daughter is old enough to go on dates with her dad.
Also thanks for the encouragement. I needed that! It's just so hard/weird seeing yourself growing in so many different directions when you've always looked a certain way. So when 2 people, in 1 day, tell you that you are too big, it becomes a big deal. But I will remember what you said... "they are just stupid!" :)
Post a Comment