Saturday night I went to bed....and layed there wide awake, a thousand things going through my head.....I got a clear vision of all us Moms surrouding all our kids and praying over them...and i was like, okay God, really? and He was like, Yep. So then I layed there trying to figure out how in the world that would work with 15 of us moms and 25 plus kids. Really happening. So Tuesday rolls around and we meet here at our house. 13 moms show up, and a ton of kids....we made it work, it ended up being so amazing. The verse that Nate used a couple weeks ago during the Sexy Elephant was really sticking out in my head from Deut. Loving the Lord our God with everything in us, having these commandments ON our hearts, "Impressing them on your children. Talk about them when you are sitting at home and when you are walking along the road, when you lie down, and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads...."
Anyway, it is so important for us as parents to not lose sight of this. To realize that these kids are our disciples, they are our priority right now. Its so easy to get caught up in looking out into the world to find our ministry, but the problem with that is that we miss whats going on right underneath our noses. I am speaking mainly to myself. I find myself getting so caught up in busyness of my life and going here and doing this and that that I don't take the time to mold my own kids. It makes me sick to my stomach. Its such a wake up call to me. Praying with all my friends the other day for their families and thier kids was so great for me. I loved that Caleb got to see what we were doing and all the kids got to see that we pray for them...not just before bed, or on the way to school, or when one of them has an owie or is sick or scared, but we do it together. We are molding our children. I can't wait to see our group and our children in 10, 15 years and see where we are and watch how our prayers for them has shaped them. I want to do this more. I want to surround our kids and pray. I know this is Gods heart for us. I am so excited as we build this foundation, for ourselves, and for our children.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
VIsion
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We were blessed by the prayer and are continually blessed by the friendship. Thank you for responding to God. :)
This is so awesome. I have been so convicted of the same thing. I just so happened to come across I Timothy 3:5 "If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?" I was really moved by this verse. My children are my first priority, my first disciples. If I fail to instruct my own children whom God has entrusted to me and Josh's care, then how can He trust me to disciple others that He brings in my path? This is so huge to me.
I had gotten an email from Bethany that you guys were praying for the kids last Tuesday, so know that I was praying, too!
We are so blessed to have each other for prayer and support. I love the friendships and knowing that Bailee will have so many amazing women to look up to and to have in her life.
Post a Comment