Alright, so we moved into our house in October. Experienced Fall, beautiful. All the leaves changing, and then, of course everything dead and winterized. So then Spring rolls up on us and everything starts popping out of the ground, and a crazy amount of Spikey balls continuing to fall from our huge 80-foot tree out front. Now, I am NO gardner....I can't even keep a little green plant in my house alive. I have a black thumb. Literally. Black, not pretty. So Sean and I have been trying to re-do our front yard. Whoever lived here before lived here for 50 years and so everything was overgrown and "old". Camelias, rose bushes (lots of them), wierd bushes. Sean starts going crazy and ripping EVERYTHING out. Rose bushes, gone. Huge Camelia bush, gone. 80 ft. Liquid Amber tree, gone. Mimosa tree, gone. So our front yard is a pile of dirt. And when you have 3 small children, dirt is their playground. Not fun for trying to keep a house somewhat presentable. Skylar and Caleb are a constant ball of dirt. Caleb has all his cars and trucks out there and is making tracks for them. His brand new shoes are now brown. We go through 7 pairs of pants in 3 days. Awesome for my laundry.
We were now at the point where we could finally DREAM about our yard. Every plant and bush and tree I look at and LOVE are Japanese......I have always loved Japanese Maples. I made my mom plant one in her yard years ago, i was living vicariously through her. SO Sean drew up a whole diagram of our front yard and we headed to Lowes and purchased our layout. SO fun!! We came home Monday night and layed everything out. Tuesday we planted. And now I LOVE our yard! Its finally coming together. Sean has been so so amazing. He has poured everything into doing everything. He impresses me all the time. And now our yard is beautiful!
Heres the process:
Beginning the process.
80 ft. Liquid Amber (that little lump in it is Dan)
Gone.
Laying out what we bought.
Finishing planting and laying bark.....now just have to plant grass seed where the dirt it......
MY Japenese Maple!! I love it!!
Its all coming together....so exciting. Now all we have to do is go get our 3 Redwoods and plant those where our tree was and plant grass. I can't wait to watch it all grow. Hopefully I don't kill it all in the process......
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Landscaping
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It looks so beautiful!
Geez, you guys weren't kidding about the yard going up this week. It's looking gorgeous!
It looks so great! How fun to get the bug to plant and landscape and actually DO it. I think about stuff like that all the time, and it just stays there in my thoughts, all these little projects... Can't wait to see your work soon!
PS So fun to have you back in blog world again:)
Wow! It all looks great. You guys have done a good job on your place.
It feels so awesome to get your hands in the dirt after a long winter's break! Love the landscaping! (and you)
lj
Post a Comment