I've always had a lead foot. Always. Since the day I got my liscence at 16. I've even had my liscence taken away when I was 17 for so many speeding tickets (terribe, I know). I just love to go fast. I love the adrenaline rush. I love living on the edge....anything fast and fun and dangerous....snowboarding, skiing, jet skiing, rollercoasters, motercycles....and everything is pedal to the medal...the faster the better.
Now, I have gotten a WHOLE lot better with the speeding thing in my oldER age, I've calmed down and learned to go around the speed limit, if not, the actual speed limit...which is HUGE for me. Every time I get in the car I want to punch that pedal down and just go....it takes everything in me to "Obey the laws of the land" and have some self-control. I think I've made it a woppin two whole years without a speeding ticket, crazy, I am so proud of myself.
So today we had Mom Group at Alyssa's house and I got to talkin to my friend there and totally lost track of time and ended up being crazy late picking up Skylar. So what happens?....yep, petal to the metal time...today was a turning point for me....as I am tearing out of Alyssa's house, and what happens?? (no, I didn't get a ticket)....I get stuck behind THE SLOWEST PERSON IN THE WORLD! Literally, like 20 mph down Hartnell....this guy was killin me! So, of course I swerve around them at the first possible moment to get stuck behind ANOTHER stupid slow person and on top of that I hit EVERY red light possibe between Alyssa's house and Redding Christian......
Ok! Got it! Thank you again for the lesson Lord...kinda goes hand in hand with what I JUST read last night...hmmm.....
"Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin." Rom 3:19-20
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Speeding
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am exactly the opposite, I'm afraid. You'll probably get stuck behind me one day and want to pull your hair out...I like the verse, though. God gave me that same one (along with some others) in response to the post I had about taxes and government and such. Isn't that interesting?
ummmm- I guess it was my fault that you were late - Sorry! But, thanks for talking to me. It meant a lot and I would have shut up sooner if I had known you were late! :)
Post a Comment