I need to share my yesterday. Yesterday was amazing. I started the day in such a negative mood, I had posted a blog Saturday stating I hated Mothers Day......so let me explain. I do Hate Mothers Day, still. My reason: Really? A day supposed to be just for us? How practical is that with 3 small kids? Not. And then there is all this added pressure to do something phenomenal and monumental to let my mom know how much I love and appreciate her......so to me, its just a day of MORE work. I love my mom. We have a fantastic relationship, but I don't need a day to tell her how much I love her and yada yada yada....she knows that. So I just feel like its this day full of pressure, and work....NOT a day to relax, especially when Sean works all day, being amazing and putting out a huge brunch at the Club.
So I started yesterday like I would any other Sunday morning...getting up at 6 and starting to get everyone fed and dressed so we could leave the house by 8 to get to church to help set up....so I get to church and of course get inundated with "Happy Mothers Day's", which I was so rude and responded to, "Yah, whatever" (my apologies...and some point in my life I will learn to shut my big mouth and not wear ALL my emotions on my sleeve)
So church starts and Jenna and I are up leading worship and after the first song she reads Ps 118 "THis is the Day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" ANd "Whhooaaa" God woke me up out of my stupor and said, "Its NOT about YOU Rebecca, this is My day! Rejoice and be Glad in it!" Snapped me right out of my negative attitude...this IS Gods day, and it IS a day to rejoice and Honor my Mom, and Honor my children and take joy in them, how is that so bad? And I get to go out to lunch with my family, how is that bad either?
What a great day yesterday was!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Apology
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, good, I'm glad it turned out good after all! I was afraid my card would just tick you off even more, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you, that's all. Love ya!
Well that's what I like to hear. You are an amazing mother Rebecca. You've got three incredible children who adore you! You deserve to be honored. You deserve to have one day a year that people THANK YOU for being such an AMAZING mother! The pressure's off... Happy Mother's Day! I love you!
Post a Comment