This is my house after cleaning it ALL day.....the kids decided to make a boat.....
So, as I am cleaning out all our rooms and getting rid of stuff (I hate clutter) it dawned on me that this is like the 3rd time in the 8 months we've lived here that I have cleaned out all our closets. Every time I throw away SO much stuff. How is this happening? Where is all the junk coming from? how are we accumulating THAT much stuff for me to have de-clutter every 2-3 months? Where are my treasures? Am I finding them in stores and storing up my treasures in our closets....where literal moths do come in to destroy them? It started making my stomach so sick as the reality starting settling in of all the CRAP we have. We have closets, we fill them. We have birthdays, we buy. We have bodies, we clothe the heck out of them. We have feet, we put a crazy amount of shoes onto them. We have kids, we think they need every TOY and item of clothing the stores carry, for them to just sit and collect dust in their closets. Why do we continue to buy into what our society tells us we have to have?
God keeps calling me back to simplicity. God lived a simple life. If we are being God's hands and feet....we should start buying a whole lot less shoes.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Clutter
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, I hear you. We are learning this the hard way as we live in a house that isn't ours and my parents sure don't want our junk everywhere.
And Happy Birthday to Ryder! Gosh, he looks like Caleb! Isn't it strange to no longer have a "baby" in the house? Kind of nice, actually. ;)
Have you ever been to this site? I love it! http://simplemom.net/
Post a Comment