? ??????????????Bombs Keep Coming? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??21 Grabs Today. 1678 Total Grab
s. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love Fasion? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (74 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 13934 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Michael Jordan? ????? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, September 4, 2009

Roaring Lion

We have entered in to a month of prayer at the Stirring. Devoting a month to praying for the direction of our church, our community. God is growing us, rising us up within Redding. He has given us passions for our city, to call out and shape a generation who is lost. And I believe that because of the pure, and genuine hearts of the leadership in our church to whole-heartedly live out the calling God has placed over thier lives, because of thier faith, Satan is going to do everything in his power to strike us down. Within marriages, families, friendships. Whatever it takes.


1 peter 5:8-11
"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy, the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you stong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

Man, so good. Satan is real. He is out to kill, steal, and destroy. We have got to rise up, put on our armor and be ready for battle.
I love that we, as a church, are taking a month to pray....but shouldn't this be our posture every day? Committing ourselves to a community who is going to turn Redding upside down! In order to do that, we need to immerse ourselves in prayer. Because our enemy is prowling around looking fow someone to devour.

2 comments:

Leah said...

This is awesome, I will join you guys this month as you pray. I agree that we should be praying fervently EVERY DAY not just isolated moments. I've always had this mental image of the devil as a roaring lion walking around among all the complacent Christians not feeling too worried about his position but when a group of Followers actually start praying and living and sharing the Good News I have this picture of him stopping in his tracks and whirling around to hunt down this threat. It's true that we don't pose much of a threat to him when we're just living our own little lives, engrossed in our own affairs but when we start really pursuing others and spending time in prayer and the Word and remembering that this physical world is just a fleeting glimpse of what really is, man, what a challenge! I like the idea of being a warrior princess. Bring it on!

Alyssa said...

Good word Rebecca. I have been talking with a few different women who have felt the devil trying to sneak in lately, but they are aware and we are praying for God to protect!