Spent the day at Ikea yesterday.
Sean comes home the other day and says "We're going to Ikea, I've got to buy 128 bowls for a wedding, and theirs are on sale"...so we went for it! Hoped in the car a couple days later, had a list, 3 kids, snacks, everyone else's lists, Lance's behind us (with their 3 kids)...ROAD TRIP. Get to Sac around noon, eat lunch at a surf place, get the kids frisbees and we hit Ikea.
1:30-walk into Ikea, heads held high, excitement in the air, 6 energetic kids at our feet.
1:35-Amazing Kids play area (day care) tell us they can't take our kids for another hour.
1:45-head up the escalator. Start browsing, still excitement energy running through us (well, me and the kids, at least)
1:50-6 kids jumping on chairs, couches, swinging around on chairs, jumping from one cart to the next...
1:52-excitement energy slowly draining with complete realization that WE'RE IN A PACKED GINORMOUS STORE WITH ALL KINDS OF BREAKABLE THINGS WITH 6 KIDS...WHAT WERE WE THINKING??!!!!
1:53-pull it together, pull the kids together, pep talk. Shop.
2:15-screw another hour, Sean and Dan take the stinkin kids back down to the day care place
2:15-3:30-Pick out bed
3:30-crap,kids are back...what just happened to that hour?!
4:00 frantically running around Ikea throwing random stuff into 5 carts Sean, Alyssa, Dan and I are all hauling (filled with JUST stuff for us)...kids are melting down
4:30-check out. Get kids ice cream and get the h*#% out of Ikea!!!
Crazy day, but all in all SUPER fun. I kinda love and thrive in chaos!! Thanks Lances for taggin along and being so patient while I took over an hour to pick out a freaking bed, which by the way, ended up being a twin. Awesome, now we get to go all the way back and re-get a bed....




2 comments:
Sounds amazing! I love IKEA. :)
I love ikea, too, but I've never been there with kids. I don't think I would enjoy it as much :)
Post a Comment