? ??????????????Bombs Keep Coming? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??21 Grabs Today. 1678 Total Grab
s. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love Fasion? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (74 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 13934 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Michael Jordan? ????? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

SURPRISE!!

I pulled off the greatest feat last week. Surprising Sean. Its never been done. Literally. Can't even surprise the darn guy on gifts, he guessess his presents on his birthday AND christmas EVERY year. Even when i wrap it in a crazy box with rocks, he still knows. Its always bafelled me. He is way too smart, which drives me UP THE WALL. So this year, for his 30th, I attempted the unattemtable. Didn't think in a million years that I was actually gonna be able to do it. I was confident in someone (ah hem, his Dad) ruining the whole shabang, but to all of our surprise, he did so well! I, on the other hand was an absolute nervous wreck. For two weeks. I've literally never been more nervous. My stomach was in constant knots, i've never visited the ladies room so many times in a day, every day. Somewhere between ALL the lying I was having to do, and ALL the planning, I almost had a nervous breakdown.

Timeline: (i'm into these lately)

Thurs: Do all the shopping and food prep at my moms. Lie to sean 50 times in one day.
Thursday night: Seans WHOLE family drives up from Baks and stay with my parents.
Fri morning:
7:30-8:30-act as cool and nonchelant as possible while Sean takes his sweet precious time getting ready, hanging with the kids, texting, hanging. All the while i'm screaming at him in my head to get the heck out of the house!
8:31-watch Sean pull out of the driveway, call seans family to all come over, and go into super speed mode packing, getting kids (6 in all) set up with babysitter for the ENTIRE day, surprise the kids that ALL thier cousins are here!.
8:40-seans fam pulls in, babysitter arrives
8:55- We're all out the door and headed for the lake
9:00-pull in to Dutch Bros and stare down the dude cause i have no idea whats happening
9:05-hit i-5 and drive all the way to Bride Bay Resort cause i don' have one shred of awareness as to what i'm doing, turn around and head back to oasis (cause thats where Jones Valley is)
9:40-get to Jones Valley. Park. Unload. Find our double decker Patio boat with slide, woot woot. Decorate patio boat. Wait for friends and fam to arrive at dock.
10:15 get the text from Dan that he's picking up Sean (who thinks he's coming out to check out houseboats for his birthday in 2 weeks....yep, he saw the freakin confirmation letter from freakin houseboats.com in the mail....had to let him in on a little bit, but not really)
10:45-Sean and Dan come walking down dock with a sea of houseboats on either side of them (ours is in a row of about 20), and SURPRISE!!!!!

TOTAL AND COMPLETE SHOCK. SPEECHLESS. Which for Sean is another first.

11:15am-9:00pm-Ahhhhh, enjoy an encredible day out at the lake with great family, great friends, and shocked husband for the day....it really couldn't have been ANY better!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Awesome!! I'm so glad you pulled it off! Happy Birthday, Sean!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. I check it out all the time hoping for new posts!

I hope you don’t mind --- I’ve been telling all my friends about your blog.

I printed 100 free business cards with my 10 favorite websites (yours was #1!!) and handed them out at our last Mommy Meet-up.

It made me wonder if you had ever done that for yourself? Do you ever meet anyone at a coffeeshop or a playground and start talking about blogging? Maybe you could print up some cards to hand out. Just an idea!

In return for inspiring me, I wanted to pass on these money saving tips to you:
-- 100 Free business cards at www.RedTagPrintSale.com

In case you decide to get something else printed from them (besides the FREE business cards!) I also wanted to tell you about their unlimited use promo code - it never expires and you can use it again and again:
-- 10% off promo code “RTPS10”

FYI: I’ve used this company to print fliers and signs for Church events and even yard sales. The quality is really good compared to what I’ve gotten from VistaPrint and others that offer FREE business cards.

I hope you have a great week. I’ll be checking back soon. Bye!