Memorial Weekend.
What the heck??!!
So basically every day I am checking Weather.com to see if by any chance its going to rain. But since we live in Redding chances are sunny. And not just sunny, but hot. But I still check. Still hold on to the hope that rain is somewhere in the forecast. I get shot down, on a daily basis. So for the past 3 weeks or so I have been counting....literally counting on my calender, days till Memorial weekend. Why? because we planned on going camping. Why do I love camping? outside of being up in the Pines. Tents. Bikeriding. Fires. Camping food...mainly Seans camping food--amazing. Relaxing. Being with poeple I love. But on the top of that list is cooler weather. Getting out of the heat. I was ecstatic. So we had planned to go to Lassen. What do I do? Check Weather.com. Rain. Not just rain, Thunderstorms. Okay, okay, thats way up there in the mountains....we'll go more local. Shasta Lake. Weather.com, again. Rain. And Thunderstorms. NOOOO!!!! I feel like a trader. I love you rain, but why, Why, WHY on MY CAMPING WEEKEND??!!! So we go, we brave the elements, I am actually praying AGAINST the rain!!
However, we get up there with my parents, my brother and his kids and the Edwardsons and have the best day Friday. Cloudy. No rain. I am loving it. I am still praying. Friday night, little sprinkly...no problem. Friday night, through the night....full out deluge...I am still pretty optimistic at this point...still no problem. Saturday morning, still raining...still optimiistic, we are powering through this. Everyone starts packing up to leave...I am still holding out to sun. Now i appear to be stupid, as my son is sliding through mud. Kids are screaming. Everything is completely soaked. I curse the rain. We start packing up.
Worst part. I cursed the rain.
Rain, I am sorry.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Torn
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have read all of these posts in the past 7 minutes and have come to this conclusion, in just three short words...
WE MISS YOU
AND WE HAVE YOU, HA HA HA!
Just kidding.
Wow, I can't believe you cursed the rain. And I always thought you guys were best friends; I sense some healing and restoration that needs to take place...
Wow Rebecca, I am so sorry that your camping trip did not work out as I know you were so looking forward to it! I missed seeing you last night at the park.
Post a Comment