Its summer. Kids are one year older. A little bit antsier. Mom a little bit lazier. Watching a little bit too much Dora. Time to get on a schedule......so we headed out to Walmart and got a ton of crafts. I decided its time to get my days organized. Wake up, eat breakfast. Get outside ie; walk, me doing yardwork (while its cool)/kids scootering and bike riding around; just play. Come in do a craft. Eat lunch. Quite time/naps. Pool. Sean comes home=day is over and I relinquish control.
Today was Day 1 of new schedule. Got up, out doing yardwork at 7am, kids played outside all mornig, perfectly....couple hangups, throwing rocks in the street, Skylar almost getting hit by a truck, and me mowing over my new black Gap flip flop.....pretty smooth for a morning, I'd say. Came in and put together and painted a bird house (Walmart purchase). Back outside to swim, back in to eat lunch and have quiet time, back out to swim again......worked great. Great day! I hope it keeps up as smooth. Next time I'm wearing tennis shoes when I mow.....I love flip flops....
Pics of the birdhouse: just needs seeds and it will soon be a happy home to a little bird family...

Skylars side:
Calebs side:

5 comments:
don't make the trip to gap.
and don't mow in flip-flops.
but keep making birdhouses with the kids... they're awesome!
The birdhouse is adorable! I will have to do that with Brooklyn.
I'm proud of you, Miss I'm-Not-A-Crafty-Person! :) No, really, that's awesome and I think Skylar looks really cute in her hat..isn't it comforting to know that we can get advice and input from the One who knows everything? It's awesome! Hope you guys had fun in Siskiyou!
Way to go Super Mom! Getting kids active: check. Getting something accomplished around the house: check. Moving past the stupid crap in the day like losing a shoe: check. Eating: check. Relaxing: check. Gettin creative with the kids: check. God time: check. I love it!
Skylar is sooooo cute! I can't believe how old she looks!
Post a Comment