Today my mom calls me and tells me she is concerned about Skylar. Skylar has been wearing a hat of mine around, every day. She wears this hat everywhere...she is obsessed with it. I think it looks adorable on her and I tell her she looks adorable. Well, my mom didn't think it looked adorable. In fact she thought it made her look too old and that she is losing her innocence by wearing this hat, that she is trying to act like a teenager at age 5. Now, my mom is awesome, I love my mom. I respect what she has to say about things and the fact that she has input in mine and my kids' lives.
So I was wrestling with it all morning. Thinking, "am I really corrupting my daughter by allowing her to wear this hat? when all she is wanting to do is mirror what I am doing?....." I was just wishing for SOMEONE to call and talk to about it with who had an older daughter and could give me some advice on this hat. Sounds so silly, a hat.....but its all things that are shaping our kids......so i am just like "who can I call? who can I talk to? I just want some advice". And God is like "I'm here". So I open my Bible and this is what I open it to, in Psalm 32 God says "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" and I am like HELLO! Thank you SO much Lord! You are here, I don't need to call and "talk" to someone and get "advice" I have my all-knowing Heavenly Father available who knows my daughter so much better than I do and who knows her heart and how she ticks.....all I have to do is seek Him and ask and He will guide me as I guide her.
She is still wearing the hat.....and it looks adorable on her :)
So I was wrestling with it all morning. Thinking, "am I really corrupting my daughter by allowing her to wear this hat? when all she is wanting to do is mirror what I am doing?....." I was just wishing for SOMEONE to call and talk to about it with who had an older daughter and could give me some advice on this hat. Sounds so silly, a hat.....but its all things that are shaping our kids......so i am just like "who can I call? who can I talk to? I just want some advice". And God is like "I'm here". So I open my Bible and this is what I open it to, in Psalm 32 God says "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" and I am like HELLO! Thank you SO much Lord! You are here, I don't need to call and "talk" to someone and get "advice" I have my all-knowing Heavenly Father available who knows my daughter so much better than I do and who knows her heart and how she ticks.....all I have to do is seek Him and ask and He will guide me as I guide her.
She is still wearing the hat.....and it looks adorable on her :)


5 comments:
You need to post a picture of her in the hat. Sounds cute. :)
I've got alot to say...but I won't...I will say that she looks soooooo cute in that hat!!! I'm glad she's still wearing it!
If Skyler's wanting to look like her mama, I'd say she's picked a fine role model!
Sorry I spelled her name wrong:)
What a cute hat! My sister wore a beret around for like 6 months around that same age- it was not so cute. LOL
Love your blog :)
Post a Comment