? ??????????????Bombs Keep Coming? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??21 Grabs Today. 1678 Total Grab
s. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love Fasion? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (74 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 13934 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Michael Jordan? ????? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Training

We have a little chef in the making around here.

But first, let me back up and say Sean and I have a business we like to call Gafner Catering. Seriously. Have our own personal business liscesce, website, and car sticker that all say Gafner Catering. After 9 years of doing caterings for people on the side and 9 years of building up our name and business, we finally decided to go official with it. Feels good. Its something we love to do and have found are pretty good at. Pretty conveniant having a chef for a husband and all. We do mostly weddings, but have also done special events. Well, something happened (something like the Lord really blessing us), and we are booked one a month through the summer. Sean and I had talked a while back and had decided one a month is PLENTY with kids, and our already busy schedule.

So yesterday we had a wedding. 300 hundred people at this wedding. Just tons of desserts and chocolate fountain goodies. So what do we do when catering a 300 person wedding with nothing but cakes and chocolate and candy bars, and rice krispies, and strawberries, and cheesecakes? We bring in the kids! Perfect time to start training up the ones behind us. Skylar came in did AMAZING! (I think it was the apron I specially made for her for her big debut as a caterer)...I was sooo impressed! 5 hours of work, from a 5 1/2 year old and not one single complaint. Encredible. She washed and cut and skewered, and ate, and nibbled, and skewered, and nibbled. Impressive. She wants to be in the family business as a caterer when she gets older :) I love it. We will soon need to change our name to Gafner Family Catering!!! So proud of my daughter, proud of my amazing chef of a husband, just proud all around :)


3 comments:

Leah said...

This is so amazing! This is exactly the kind of thing that Josh and I have been talking about, starting up a family business and having the kids learning, working, etc. Awesome!

Leah said...

If you're interested, Josh is currently reading a book called "Minding Your Own Business" by Raymond Moore about raising kids in a family business. You might get it at the library, Josh says it's right up this alley!

Annie said...

She did look really cute in her little apron that day!