Been a while, decided I needed to throw an "update" blog out there. Been good. Life was really busy there for a bit, but has now slowed back down into a nice chill pace. I like chill. More time just being home, playin with the kids, having time for them....thats what its about. I hate when we get so busy doin this and that, always telling the kids "we'll do that later", or "not right now, mom's busy".....i feel like such a lame mom when life's like that. I have a feeling God didn't create us to be busy. I have a feeling thats Satan's best strategy.
All through January we, as a church, fasted from noise. Vox Dei- hearing the voice of God. Sean and I cut out TV (Mon-Fri) (couldn't cut play-off's on the weekends). It was so encredible. Living simpler. Our computer happened to break (of course) in that month, so i was out TV, and internet...which strangely had no affect on me. Didn't miss FB one time....
Anyway, put on our Stirring Womens Retreat a couple weekends ago, which was encredible. God did a lot, of course. He usually does on retreats. I love the honosty of our women. 80 women barring thier hearts, re-connecting with each other, linking arms, empowering one another, encouraging one another. It was powerful. So i've been reeling from that weekend. Came home to Sean leaving for his 2nd annual Tahoe trip. He and 6 other guys crammed into Hartly's Armada...kinda wish i was invited.....it was good tho, for me, had some great kids time. However, Sean came home to one TIRED wife!!
Other than that, just been chillin. Sittin on some stuff I feel God calling me to with Women and encouraging the women He's placed around me. And most importantly, lovin my time with my kids and husband (now that we're finally all home and together).....together is good. No crazy schedule is so good. Simple is goooood.
Thats my update. Really scattered update. But an update it was.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Back in it
Posted by Rebecca Gafner at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment