? ??????????????Bombs Keep Coming? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??21 Grabs Today. 1678 Total Grab
s. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love Fasion? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (74 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 13934 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Michael Jordan? ????? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dinner Mania

The evening hours from 4-7 are the most chaotic hours of my day. It takes me at least an hour (not including shopping and creating menus) to prepare dinner. And as a women, I put a lot of effort into dinner. Every day I try my best to have the house picked up and the kids happy by the time Sean walks through the door. And within a half an hour of Sean walking through the door, I try my best to have dinner ready and on the table. Hot. Hots a key point here. Cause the hour preceeding sean walking through the door is complete chaos. Kids are melting down, tired from there day, sooo hungry they can't possibly imagine waiting 1 more hour for food, asking every 2 minutes when Dads gonna be home, and when they can eat. Yet, in their exaustion there's a certain hype level, that I haven't been able to figure out quite yet. Maybe its the fact they haven't seen there dad for 9 hours, maybe its low sugar levels, maybe its the possibility of dessert after dinner.....but they are crazed. And I am crazed. I tend to be an over achiever, so having the house perfect when Sean walks in is very important to me. So in a whirlwind I sweep through the house, prepare dinner, set the table, clean up from making dinner, clean the kitchen (i like it to look like i haven't put any effort into making anything, not right, but I have issues I need to work on).....

So all this to put a hot, clean, delicious dinner out for it to be consumed and dumped, and spilt, and thrown, in less than 15 minutes.....
I'm back to square one....whats the friggin point???

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I hate cooking dinner. I was just going to blog about it, LOL. It's my least favorite chore. So you are not alone!

Leah said...

Yep, right there with you. I was just thinking the other day that I would love if I had someone to cook my meals for me every day. *sigh* The dream was nice.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed hanging with you guys. I love spending that kind of no-agenda time with friends and I love that I was able to do that with you and the kids this trip. Thanks for sharing your bed and your food and letting me park on your couch and read all afternoon. It was awesome!!

Alyssa said...

I think its amazing you clean up the house before Sean gets home, that is so thoughtful. Poor Dan has to try not to trip over mounds of toys and laundry when he comes home. Makes me want to pick up more. We'll see what happens on Monday at 5pm!!